Ever wonder how meditation and yoga affect your body and mind?
NeuroFlow: The Neuroscience of Meditation and Yoga workshop will provide you with an introduction concerning how meditation and yoga affect the brain and why meditation and yoga are good for your health and overall wellbeing. This workshop includes:
- Health Benefits of Yoga and Meditation
- Crash Course in Neuroanatomy
- Initiation of Movement
- Physiology of Pranayama
- Brain Changes with Meditation and Yoga
Lastly, learn how neuroscience-informed yoga and meditation techniques can help you live a happy and fulfilled life.
“I loved the integration of movement and education. Brittany talking us through neural and physiological processes behind muscular movement was awesome and super interesting!” ~Genevieve
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand basic neuroanatomy
- describe the basic neural networks
- explain how yoga and meditation can influence and alter the human brain and benefit conditions such as stress and anxiety
“I liked the way the science was integrated into the movement of flowing. It was fabulous to be able to put more thought and awareness to mind-body connection” ~Kailey
This workshop is open to anyone (yoga instructors, health professionals, students, etc) interested in how yoga and meditation can affect the brain. Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kind regards, ~Brittany Fair
2017 Workshop Dates
The Wellness Connection, Hout Bay, South Africa- Dec 9th 2017
Sierra Shanti, Bishop, California- Nov 10th 2017
Sangha Studio, Burlington, Vermont- Oct 6th 2017
Here are some resources you may find useful (even if you don’t attend):
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of Buddha by Tara Brach, 2003.
- The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine, 2007.
- Your Brain on Yoga by Sat Bir Khalsa, 2012.
- Mindfulness by Ellen Langer, 1990.
- The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults by Frances Jensen and Amy Nutt, 2015.
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hansen, 2009.